Bachelor of Arts, English Major
Kabul University, Kabul – Afghanistan
- Right after college graduation, got a job at the Office of United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in Kabul. Within 6 months was promoted to the position of Secretary to the UNDP’s Resident Representative (equal to an ambassador). This was the very first time a local Afghan filled this position of an international staff.
In the US:
- Started as an accounts receivable clerk. After playing a key role in clearing a $100,000 cash imbalance, was promoted to the Assistant to the Director of the Accounting Dept.
- Worked as Secretary to the Controller and the Treasurer of Occidental College (a Liberal Arts College) in LA.
- For more than two decades, worked within the management of a school district, 18 years of which was at a high school working with the Dean of Students.
- At the School District Office, served as the coordinator for two LA County programs within the District, every year setting a new record in generating extra income for the District from LA County, reaching half a million dollar right before my retirement.
Community Volunteer Work
- Co-founder of Afghan American Muslim Outreach (AAMO). Has served in different capacity as AAMO Vice President, Treasurer, and Executive Board Member since its inception.
- Has been in many different live TV programs, as a host and a guest, between 2006 and 2018 on Sada e- Haq, Wesal-e-Haq, and Islam in the West.
Dari, Pashto, English, Arabic (reading & writing & working knowledge