PUT YOUR FAITH IN ACTION
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Afghan American Muslim Outreach (AAMO). We greatly value and appreciate your intention to offer volunteer assistance to an educational Islamic organization.
AAMO is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit and nonpolitical grassroots membership organization dedicated to serve the Afghan community through activism and fostering an Afghan American Muslim identity and create understanding, cooperation and mutual respect amongst all. We would like you to navigate through our website and know more about AAMO and its activities. This Organization is established for those who want to make a real difference in the community.
AAMO is looking for committed volunteers to help coordinate and/or actively participate in our programs and various projects. You can choose the extent of your involvement, from making presentations or coordinating and leading one of our programs to making copies or sticking labels.
AAMO offers our members with various opportunities to develop their skills and to introduce innovative ideas to the organization. At AAMO, our volunteer members not only enhance their professional skills and strengthen their faith and networking, but also contribute towards the contentment of the Ummah.
Contributing voluntarily with sincerity is one of the most praiseworthy acts in our religion. The positive results of volunteering do not only extend to the society, but it is also considered an important tool through which the volunteer develops himself/herself socially, morally and religiously. As Muslims, we are encouraged to take on a broader role by working to improve the communities we live in. Islam is a faith of action and we need to demonstrate our faith by working to make the world a better place.
As Muslims we seek Allah’s pleasure by serving people. But this higher goal does not have to deny some benefits for ourselves from volunteering.
Benefits of volunteering with AAMO
- Gaining real experience through direct involvement from A-Z of organizing events and interacting with both the youth and elders.
- Attending complimentary in-house trainings in different city/states.
- Exposure and opportunity to work at Islamic events and TV shows
- Networking opportunities at various gatherings.
- Notification of other Islamic events in your town
- Annual Volunteers gatherings.
- Opportunity to be nominated as the best volunteer of the year
- Volunteering is a great way of making your resume stand out. It shows that you are willing to step outside your comfort zone to make a difference to the lives of others. Letters of recommendation will be provided upon request.
In most universities, applicants with more volunteering experience not only get high priority of enrolling, but also do better in their first year of college